Tips for Creating No Autonomous Mods
If you are tired of your Sim doing their own thing, then there has been a solution created just for you. With this Creating ‘No Autonomous’ Mods tutorial you will be able to stop your Sim from carrying out these independent actions. Get all of the information that you need here:
Creating ‘No Autonomous’ Mods will show you how to stop sims from autonomously doing actions. Before you begin, please make sure that you’ve followed these tutorials:
Creating the Mod
- Go to Mod Creating\Sims 4 Studio\Latest Patch Date\Interaction Tuning folder.
- Search for the interaction that you want to make non-autonomous. The Dollhouse Smash interaction really annoys me, so I’ll be using that as an example:
- Double-click the XML to open in Notepad++.
- Find the
<T n="allow_autonomous">code in the XML:
5. Change True to False:
7. Package the mod and enjoy!
Manually Adding the Code
Can’t find the
<T n="allow_autonomous">code in the interaction XML? No problem, we can usually just add it in.
- Highlight and Copy this:
- In the XML, find the
<T n="attention_cost">code (if not there, find the
<T n="allow_user_directed">code instead).
- Click directly in front of the < (where the red line is in the screenshot below) and pressEnter on your keyboard:
- Click inside the empty line, then right-click and select Paste:WARNING: Make sure that you don’t paste the code inside other tag codes. Notepad++ will automatically highlight the closing tag for the opening tag that you click on, and vice versa. Any <(letter) is an opening tag (<T, <V, etc.) and any </(letter)> is a closing tag (</T>, </V>, etc). checkout the screenshot shown below for an example.
- Now, it should now look like something this:
- In Notepad++, click File > Save As and save to your Modded XMLs folder.
- Package the mod and test!Adding the code will work the majority of the time, however depending on the interaction you may have to do more. If you’ve done the above and your sims are still autonomously doing the interaction, please feel free to email me so I can help you figure it out.
Source: The Sims