Game Patch Released on May 14th
Sims have got yet another minor update that will bring you some cool, interesting features. The new features include interactions such as a date request from your relationship partner and a few more. There have also been a few minor bug fixes. Here is the full update from SimsVIP:
There’s a new Sims 4 update available now in Origin. If you have automatic updates enabled in Origin’s “Application Settings”, the game will auto update once you open Origin. If you have auto updates disabled, you will need to manually update by clicking on the game in your library.
To ensure your game is up to date, check the game version found in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > GameVersion.txt. Your game should now read: 188.8.131.520 (PC)/ 184.108.40.2060 (Mac). If you have updated but it is not showing the correct game version, delete the GameVersion.txt file, restart the game, and all will be corrected.
❗ Remove all MODS and Custom Content before updating your game ❗ Update: 05/14/2015 – PC Version 220.127.116.110 / Mac Version 18.104.22.1680
We know it’s only been a short while since our most recent release. We have just a small update here as we are getting ready for the up and coming release of The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff Pack.
So, what have we got for you?
- Sims your household knows can call you up and invite you to some of their events!
- Sims in a relationship might get a phone call to go on a date. Your child’s friends might ask them over for a play date. Or your “ready to age up, but not yet aged up” friends can call to ask you join them for their birthday party*.
*If you have aging turned off in the options panel, this will not invalidate that option. However, if you attend the birthday party, the Sim throwing the party will age up as a result of the party.
And we addressed a couple… well I mean, a couple is two, right? Yea, and a few is more than a couple, while some is more than a few? And several is greater than… yea ok, I got it. We fixed “some” issues. Some, yea, some is good.
“Some” Issues Fixed
- We fixed an issue where the social Ask on Date was working correctly, however if you chose the same action from the Relationship Panel or the Phone, it was 100% guaranteed to succeed. The Relationship Panel and Phone options now have the same chance for success and failure as the social.
- We fixed an issue that was preventing the Create a Sim tutorial from advancing properly in some cases when the Genetics panel was active.
- We fixed an issue that could cause the phone to ring only when the game was paused.
- I’m picturing a family of frozen Sims, unable to reach the ringing telephone. The parents, they’re fine, they’ve long since taught themselves to ignore the phone… the teens? The teens are silently screaming, unable to claw their way to the ringing phone. It’s a movie, called “The Unanswerable.”
- We fixed a few text errors in the chance card for level four of the Writing career. Ironic?
Btw, did you know that if you add just one letter to a sentence with ‘few’, it alters the meaning significantly: I have few friends vs. I have a few friends.
[Posted on behalf of a few SimGuruGnomes]