The Sims 4 System Requirements Revealed

1. Amy Gore says:

Hi,
    Can anyone please help me! i bought The Sims 4 only to get home and find it wouldn’t work on my desktop. Ive been into a computer shop and he didn’t really sound interested in helping me. I need to find a laptop or desktop that this will work with.
    Intel® HD Graphics 4400

Intel® Core™ i5-4200U (1.60GHz, Turbo Boost to 2.60GHz) ,

4GB DDR3 RAM

750 GB HDD
    Would this be suitable and work do you think?
    This is the Sony VAIO® Fit SVF15N1ACGP.
    Thanks
    Amy

2. Terrrrrrrr says:

My Computer is fully updated but when i tried running the sims 4 it said my video card needed to be the latest its already updated but how can i download a compatible video card for free?

• tariq says:

you cant download a video card. a video card is a physical peice of hardware and will need to be upgraded(replaced with a better card)

3. Kalilachan says:

If my Laptop can run Sims 3, It should be able to run Sims 4?

4. Vivian Fightmaster says:

How does an Intel HD graphics card compare for the requirements? Im in the market for a new computer and the ones im looking at have 4th generation Intel Core i5-4300U 2.90 GHz with Intel HD Graphics 4400 or 4th generation Intel Core i7-4650U 3.30 GHz with Intel HD Graphics 5000. Would either of those run the game?

• urosh says:

I’m not exactly qualified to give answers to such questions, but I Googled a bit.

TS4 requires “at least” Integrated: GMA X4500 (Intel), which means anything below that won’t run the game, but that’s the minimum requirement, so you should aim somewhat higher.

The HD 4000 graphics (I couldn’t find 4400) is higher on the chart than X4500, so it should be ok. It’s also way higher than HD 3000, and HD 3000 itself is higher than X4500. So I think you’ll be ok with HD 4000.

And 2.9GHz or 3.3GHz is MORE than enough for TS4.

Still, I advise you to check with the store manager about it. Use the information provided here: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html about which card has better performance, and then make a decision :)

Hope I helped at least a bit!

• Rosy says:

I would like to know the same. Looks like I have the same spec so will it play?