The Sims 3 Island Paradise: Live Broadcast Summary
Hi everyone. Today on Cover it Live, hosted by EA/Origin, The Sims 3 Produce, Ryan Vaughan (SimGuruRyan) started the broadcast by giving us a run down on what to expect out of the telecast. From a live Demo given by Mike Zamora (SimGuruMike) a message from Sarah Holding (SimGuruSarah) and a sneak peek into what is coming out of The Sims 3 store by Lisa Smith (SimGuruSmitty).
During the live demo of the next expansion pack, Island Paradise, Mike showed us how we will be able to start and run our very own resort. The tools that will be available to make those business decisions (Financial Panel) to upgrading the “rabbit hole” resort townhouses, building your own resort VIP rooms. He also showed us some new blue prints that will be available, resort rooms, amenities (a must for your resorts to bring up reviews which will bring in more guests and money) and pools. New items will be pool bars, fire walk pits, windsurf board, and the aqua sled. There will be a new lot type, 1/2 land and 1/2 water.
Some questions that came in from other simmers include:
- Can your sims go to a resort to just visit? Yes. Your sim can check into one of the resort townhouses or rent out one of the VIP rooms.
- Can you run a resort in any world? Yes. Resort building will be available to build in any world you want.
- Can sims live on islands or are they limited to the main land? Yes, your sims can live on the islands. There are many islands for your sims to discover and some that are hidden. Once your sim discovers a hidden island it becomes a private island that your sim can live on.
- Will there be a new handshake/gesture? Yes. There is a new greeting gesture- the “Shock-a- brah”
- Will there be any new places for sims to woohoo? Actually, there is. There is an under water cave that your sims can enter and woohoo in.
Next Ryan announced that Adidas and EA have teamed up together to bring Adidas clothing and footwear to The Sims Freeplay.
Sarah Holding announced the name to the next stuff pack that will be released around September 2013. It will the called, The Sims 3 Movie Stuff stuff pack. This pack will contain movie set content for sims who want to be hero’s, villain’s.
The biggest announcement came towards the end of the broadcast from Lisa and The Sims 3 store. A new world will be released late this Spring and late summer to Origin and stores worldwide. Dragon Valley. This world resembles a bit of medieval times, although she wouldn’t confirm the theme, and will come with baby dragons. More information will be shared on this world closer to the time of release as it is still under production.
To catch all of today’s broadcast go here.