Game Patch Update 1.42, what can you expect?
Yes, I know what you’re thinking. Another patch? Yep, another patch. But this one has a lot of neat features with it, including the diving board, new romantic social bonuses, swimming! Read what you can expect from this latest update below:
Base Game Updates
- Greeting Cards feature has been added. Sims can take a picture using the Greeting Card feature and share it on Sims3.com, Facebook, or Twitter.
- Attraction System has been added. This is a new initial romantic system that provides bonuses to socialization and romance when the Sim is attracted by certain attributes.
- Sims can now swim in the ocean.
- Diving Board object has been added to Build Mode.
- Blueprint tool has been added to Buy/Build Mode. User’s may quickly place down furnished rooms with this tool.
- Resolved Player Profile and Wall issue where clicking on a user’s name brought up a blank profile.
- Badges earned by completing achievements will now appear on your MyPage on thesims3.com.
- The moon’s glow on the UI will no longer appear when starting a new game without The Sims 3 Supernatural installed.
World Adventures Updates
- Fixed an issue where fish placed in the Sims inventory will no longer disappear when Sims travel back from a vacation world.
- Fixed an issue where sound was getting dropped out when Sims are learning a song.
- Fixed a galloping animation issue with Horses that has level 10 Racing skill.
- Sims must now have some positive relationship before asking other Sims to take photos in the “Gigi Photo Booth”.
- Saving and loading during a full moon cycle before 6pm will no longer cause the moon cycle to skip forward.
- Feral Change buff will now expire for werewolf on various lunar cycle settings.
- Addressed an animation issue in the Smustle dance.
- Toadified Sims will route fail less often when trying to eat flies on counters or large tables.
- Writing fiction book will display proper text.
- Fairy children will no longer stretch into adult size when using the “Talk to Plant” interaction.
- Fixed an issue where Woohoo in the Gypsy Caravan wish is not fulfilled when Sims Woohoo in the Gypsy Caravan.
- Improved routing issues with the Fairy House.
- Sending an elixir from the household inventory to a friend now fulfills the “Send an Elixir to a Friend” wish.
- The “Gift of Giving” buff and Lifetime Happiness Points are now given when gifting an elixir from the household inventory.
- When gifting an elixir from the household inventory only one elixir is sent instead of two.
- Wall post will be created when a user opens a mystery gift containing Simoleons.
- Create-A-Sim UI flow fixed so that the use can no longer access other Create-A-Sim menus while eye color picker is still open.
- Fairy Bloom interaction will now work with the Omni Plant from The Sims 3 base game.
- Sims that were turned into SimBots via an elixir will no longer revert back to human form after WooHoo in the Gypsy Caravan.
- Fixed issues with Supernatural children genetics.
- “Sweeten Up” interaction can now be completed on Birthday Inferno Cake.
- Fixed an issue when selecting werewolf to transform while being struck by a witch’s fire blast.
- Fixed flickering issue on objects after performing the “Midas Touch” interaction.
- “Midas Touch” interaction will now be able to turn a zombie into a statue.
- Fixed an issue with conversion spells turning inexpensive items into expensive items.
- Fixed an issue when trying to buy a SimBot with Lifetime Happiness Points.
- Turning off the “Spectrum Mood Lamp” will now properly return Sims to their original color.
- Fixed a potential crash with the launcher that could occur after uninstalling Lucky Palms.
- Fixed an issue where Store Set icons would appear incorrectly in the Organize Collections pop-up window.
- Worlds can now be purchased on the Main Menu.
Before installing an Update for The Sims 3, an Expansion Pack, or a Stuff Pack, it is a good idea to run through the following checklist to ensure your game continues to work smoothly. If you have any questions about the below steps, please visit the Technical Support forum on the official Sims 3 community found at this URL: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/show/10.page
Step 1: Disable Custom Content
Custom Content is all Sims content that did not come from an official The Sims 3 Update, The Sims 3 Store, Expansion Pack, or Stuff Pack. Custom Content is created by 3rd Party Developers that are not regulated by Electronic Arts or The Sims 3 Development Team and may not work with new updates. Custom Content may cause the game to behave unexpectedly or not function entirely.
To disable your custom content, undo whatever you did to install this content to get your game back into an unmodified state. If you placed it in a Sims 3 directory folder, move it to a new folder that is outside your Sims 3 file directory. Your Sims 3 file directory can be found using the paths listed below:
Windows File Directory: C:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
Mac File Directory: User/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims/
Once you have installed the official update you may re-enable your custom content. If you experience problems, disable it again until the 3rd party developer updates their content to work with the official Update, Expansion Pack, or Stuff Pack.
Step 2: Back Up your Save Files
It’s always a good precaution to back up your save files before installing an Expansion Pack, Update, or Stuff Pack. To do this, copy the “.sims3” folders found in the Saves folder onto your desktop or another file directory.
Your Sims 3 Saves folder can be found using the paths listed below:
Windows File Directory: C:\Documents and Settings\USER\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves
Mac File Directory: User/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims/Saves
After the Update is installed, run the game to verify your saves still function correctly.
Step 3: Let the Update Complete Entirely
Updates can sometimes be rather large and may take a while to download and install completely. Cancelling the update before it has completed may cause unexpected problems, so it is always best to let it finish entirely. Do not close the Launcher until you have confirmed the update is completely installed, as this will cancel the update.
This information was brought to you from http://www.thesims3.com/community/news.html?selMonth=7&selYear=2012#-1256572009 where you can find all of the above information.
To disable your custom content before patching, do the following. Locate your Electronic Arts folder in the documents folder and open it, next locate your MOD’s folder and cut and paste it into a different area or folder outside of your Electronic Arts folder.
After your patch is complete, you may put your MOD’s folder back into your EA folder. If you wish to do so, you can also delete the following cache files at this time also. It just allows your game to refresh with new ones. Socialcache, (if you have Showtime), SimsCompositorcache, CASpartcache, scriptcache, compositorcache and optional Worldcache. DO NOT DELETE ANY OTHER CACHE FILES OTHER THAN THESE ONES, or you can harm your game.